It's important to me that my clients feel comfortable and safe in therapy. You deserve to be happy and reach your goals.
Rather than pack my schedule full of back to back clients, I like to offer individualized service and a higher level of attention to each of my clients.
Every good therapist has been through their own therapy at some point. We practice what we preach and believe in a growth mindset. You can count on me to be a real person and engaged in our discussions. I'm not a bobble head or just a good listening ear. I'm going to fully show up to be all in with helping you reach your goals. I know that therapy should be a mixture of active listening, support, and also offering guidance for your particular situation.
In everything I do, I work from an attachment lens. This means that our therapeutic relationship is important to me. It's my goal to have your needs met in therapy. If you have a particular way you would like your therapy to go, let me know. I'm flexible with modalities and approaches. I like to think of us as a collaborative GPS, and together, we can see what path is best for you and your goals.
Who I am (About Lisa - the Therapist)
- I LOVE helping my clients make progress! I want you to get the results you would like to see.
- I am not a blank canvas. If you want someone who just stares at you without offering any support or feedback, I'm not the therapist for you.
- I relate myself to a personal trainer. I will share strategies and exercises that have worked well for other clients. While I can’t do the work for you though, I will be by your side every step of the way.
- I love being a therapist and can’t imagine doing anything else. It's truly a pleasure working with my clients.
Who You Are
- You are ready to do the hard work in therapy.
- You are able to reflect on the patterns that no longer serve you.
- You are motivated to reach your goals.
- You are willing to do homework to implement the strategies we discuss in session.
- You are committed to the process.
- You are willing to try new things. If we want different results, we have to try something different!
Some Resume Info:
As a clinical social worker, I earned a Masters in Social Work from the University of Michigan and trained at the U-M Psychological Clinic. I completed the Gottman Couples Training presented by Drs. John and Julie Gottman at the Gottman Institute in Seattle. I am also a graduate of the U-M Sexual Health Certificate Program for Sex Therapy.
It is an honor to work as a therapist for adults and couples of all identities (e.g., gender, sexual orientation, relationship orientation, religion, ethnicity, etc.). Please feel free to reach out to me anytime. I look forward to connecting with you.